We’re in Denmark, Sweden, Iceland and Norway; we’re thrilled to say that in 2018 we will be launching in Finland!
If you’re a photographer, writer or creative who is living in, or has previously lived in, Finland – particularly Helsinki – we want to work with you! We’re open to submissions and are always on the look-out for an interesting angle, article or event.
– At least 2 years experience writing for a digital and/or hard copy publication
– Excellent English reading and writing skills
– Ability to work independently and on tight deadlines
– At least 1 year living in Helsinki or elsewhere in Finland (you do not have to live there currently but it would help)
– A strong network within Finland in your chosen field
– A passion for writing and exploring Finland
– A sense of humor!
– Your own professional camera
– Your own Photoshop and Lightroom editing suite
– At least 2 years experience in photo editing, including using presets, and optimising for web
– A passion for the Scandinavian aesthetic, style and culture
Are you a PR manager, marketing specialist, art director, interior designer, artist, videographer, graphic designer, chef, or do anything else that’s creative or is connected to the creative world in Helsinki? Do you have an idea for an article or series, or know someone we should be in contact with? Let us know!
For all applicants: email your CV, portfolio or links to your work and a short message about who you are, what category you’re able to cover and why you’d like to work for us to: hello [at] scandinaviastandard [dot] com.
We are unfortunately not able to offer compensation at this time but hope to do so in the near future as we believe that all employees deserved to be paid and are working hard to make this possible (for you and for us!).
If you’re a business that would like to collaborate with us on our launch, get in touch!