In 2014, we focused on Denmark. In 2015, we went to Sweden. Now, for 2016, join us as we launch in Iceland. We couldn’t be more excited to add this country to our Scandi roster!
If you’re a photographer, writer or creative who is living in (or has previously lived in) Iceland, we want to work with you! We’re open to submissions and are always on the look-out for an interesting angle, article or event.
We’re looking for writers & photographers in the following categories:
Food & Drink
Health & Beauty
Arts & Culture
Practical Information such as transport
- At least 2 years experience writing for a digital and/or hard copy publication
- Excellent English reading and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and on tight deadlines
- At least 1 year living in Reykjavik or elsewhere in Iceland (you do not have to live there currently but it would help)
- A strong network within Iceland in your chosen field
- A passion for writing and exploring Iceland
- A sense of humor!
- Your own professional camera
- Your own Photoshop and Lightroom editing suite
- At least 2 years experience in photo editing, including using filters and presets, and exporting for web
- A passion for the Scandinavian aesthetic, style and culture
Are you a PR manager, marketing specialist, art director, interior designer, artist, videographer, graphic designer, chef, or do anything else that’s creative or is connected to the creative world in Reykjavik? Do you have an idea for an article or series, or know someone we should be in contact with? Let us know!
For all applicants: email your CV, portfolio or links to your work and a short message about who you are, what category you’re able to cover and why you’d like to work for us to: rebecca [at] scandinaviastandard [dot] com. Please note that we are unfortunately not able to offer compensation at this time but hope to do so in the near future.
If you’re a business that would like to collaborate with us on our launch, get in touch!