Are you a writer or photographer? Do you live in Stockholm or have you lived there previously? Do you want to work with Scandinavia Standard? Yes to all three? Oh good.
We’re launching the Stockholm branch of our website in 2015 and are now starting to build up content.
We’re looking for writers & photographers in the following categories:
- Food & Drink
- All Design
- Health & Beauty
- Arts & Culture
- Practical Information such as transport
- At least 2 years experience writing for a digital and/or hard copy publication
- Excellent English reading and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and on tight deadlines
- At least 1 year living in Stockholm (you do not have to live in Stockholm currently but it would help)
- A strong network within Stockholm in your chosen field
- A passion for writing and exploring Stockholm
- A sense of humor!
- Your own professional camera
- Your own Photoshop and Lightroom editing suite
- At least 2 years experience in photo editing, including using filters and presets, and exporting for web
- A passion for the Scandinavian aesthetic, style and culture
Are you a PR manager, marketing specialist, art director, interior designer, artist, videographer, graphic designer, chef, or do anything else that’s creative or is connected to the creative world in Stockholm? Do you have an idea for an article or series, or know someone we should be in contact with? Let us know!
For all applicants: email your CV, portfolio or links to your work and a short message about who you are, what category you’re able to cover and why you’d like to work for us to: [email protected]
If you’re a business that would like to collaborate with us on our launch, we’re open to ideas. Get in touch! Members of the Scandinavia Standard staff-based in Copenhagen are considering working out of Stockholm for an approximately 6 month period to coincide with our launch (if we can find an inexpensive living situation, that is…), so we’re looking forward to working directly with Swedish contributors.
Please note that we are unfortunately not able to offer compensation at this time but hope to do so in the near future.
Let’s get this Stockholm party started, people!